Streamer Fishing School with Kelly Galloup
Streamer School with the Godfather of Streamer Fishing
Join Bow River Troutfitters at the Kelly Galloup Streamer School this fall. Seven guests will join Jeff from the shop and travel to the Madison River in Southeast Montana to learn techniques used by the pros to hunt for trophy trout. We have outlined the trip below but if you have any questions or want to learn more drop by the shop or call us at 403-282-8868.
Dates: September 19th – September 23rd, 2019
Cost of the trip is $1500.00 USD based on Double Occupancy. Single occupancy can be accommodated at $2400.00 USD for the single angler package. Rate includes 4 nights accommodation, 2.5 days guided fishing and meals. Travel to and from the Slide Inn is not included in the cost. You can easily drive to the Slide Inn as there is lots of water to fish on the way down or on the way back. There is an option to Fly from Calgary to Bozeman and then we can arrange for a shuttle to pick you up for the 90-minute drive to the lodge.
- Check in is Thursday after 3:00 p.m. Because not everyone will be arriving at the same time, we have no activities planned on Thursday.
- School begins Friday morning with breakfast at Kelly’s house, right next door to the cabins at 7:30 a.m. After breakfast we take a quick break in case anyone needs to go back to their room, and then we begin with a seminar back at the house at 8:30 a.m.
- The seminar will run between two and three hours. After the class room session and Q&A, we meet the guides over lunch and then afterwards head to the river for short casting session specific to casting big streamers with sinking lines. We then wader up and head to the river. You will do a half day float, getting in and out of the boats so everyone does wade fishing as well as from the boat. The guides will be working with you on your wade fishing techniques, so you understand how to set up to fish on foot as well as from the boat. After your trip we head back to the house at 6:30 p.m. for dinner, drinks, and Q&A.
- Saturday and Sunday, we meet for breakfast at the house at 7:30 a.m., and then head to the river. You will have a different guide each day so that everyone gets to see the subtle differences in the way each guide likes to fish streamers. Each day ends at the house for dinner, drinks and follow up questions. These are very casual evenings where we encourage one-on-one questions on your day on the water.
- Monday morning is check out.
You should bring waders, rain gear, and layers of clothing for temperatures between 0°C and 25°C (30°F and 80°F). Hats, sunscreen, and polarized sunglasses are a must as well. They generally have cool mornings and warm afternoons that time of the year so plan for everything. Fast 6 weights or 7 weight rods are recommended, and we will be fishing with sinking lines 99% of the time. All flies that are used are included in the cost of your trip, but we encourage you to bring your own flies as well.
We look forward to you learning a valuable set of skills from the best guides and teachers in the business, and we will do everything we can to give you a better understand of hunting big fish.